Where Are The Rules?
In my estimation, one of the biggest issues that we have in our community is the lack of rules. Due to the lack of rules, people do whatever the hell they want to. You want to leave your children without a father? Go right ahead! Feel like pissing on your neighbor's steps? Be my guest? Have "relations" with anything with an Adam's Apple? Why not! It's a free world!
On the serious side though, the internal & external perception of our community is that we are a bunch of uncontrollable animals who live by the laws of the jungle; no rules or codes of conduct. Although media would have you see it differently, does anyone really think that we are the only ones who have crime and antisocial behavior in our communties? Of course not, b.u.t. other communities just do a better job of hiding their dirty laundry based on the spoken & unspoken rules of that community. For example, when was the last time that you saw two Jewish leaders (in america) openly feuding & calling each other names? When have you seen a famous Mexican/Chicano leader call his own people lazy on a cross-country tour? You haven't, and that's my point! (Full Disclosure: I grew up around men & women who were very big on honor, loyalty, & proper protocol)
Anyway today I happened upon the following code while travelling through the cyberworld in the country of myspace. I think that the code is somewhat appropriate (if you happen to be involved in anti-social behavior, which I don't advocate; only that often they are the ones who need rules the most) , and speakes to many of the issues in our community today. (And yes, I am anti-snitch if you are involved in that lifestyle) Check 'em out & tell me what you think!
"THUG LIFE" CODE:
1. All new Jacks to the game must know: a) He's going to get rich. b) He's going to jail. c) He's going to die.
2. Crew Leaders: You are responsible for legal/financial payment commitments to crew members; your word must be your bond.
3. One crew's rat is every crew's rat. Rats are now like a disease; sooner or later we all get it; and they should too.
4. Crew leader and posse should select a diplomat, and should work ways to settle disputes. In unity, there is strength!
5. Car jacking in our Hood is against the Code.
6. Slinging to children is against the Code.
7. Having children slinging is against the Code.
8. No slinging in schools.
9. Since the rat Nicky Barnes opened his mouth; ratting has become accepted by some. We're not having it.
10. Snitches is outta here.
11. The Boys in Blue don't run nothing; we do. Control the Hood, and make it safe for squares.
12. No slinging to pregnant Sisters. That's baby killing; that's genocide!
13. Know your target, who's the real enemy.
14. Civilians are not a target and should be spared.
15. Harm to children will not be forgiven.
16. Attacking someone's home where their family is known to reside, must be altered or checked.
17. Senseless brutality and rape must stop.
18. Our old folks must not be abused.
19. Respect our Sisters. Respect our Brothers.
20. Sisters in the Life must be respected if they respect themselves.
21. Military disputes concerning business areas within the community must be handled professionally and not on the block.
22. No shooting at parties.